How often do you say this? How often do you treat yourself in a way that uplifts your heart?
Beauty can be cultivated from deep inside, its not a necessarily a trendy treatment being done to fit in -altho those can help ;)
This is not going out drinking or partying. Sure, a good go-about the friends can really uplift the spirit. What I'm talking about is the cultivation of deep self worth. The kind that has you walking your right path always.
Here are some techniques on how to do just that:
- Introspection - start with noticing yourself, what makes you worthy? If one of those things was taken away (looks, relationship, grades) would it shake your worth?
- Take Stock of your Assets - you are good at so many things. Name them all.
- Diversify - try new things, hang out with new people. Check in to make sure you are building positives paths, always listen to your intuition.
- Filter your Perceptions - not every thought you think is true, question yourself.
- Practice realistic optimism - when you feel low practice self loving affirmations.
- Accept Yourself - acceptance allows us to free our energy to focus on productive positive outcomes.
- Practice gratitude & forgiveness- do it constantly.
- Develop your Self-Worth that originates within yourself.
In this song she says "I know how to scream my own name"... I've contemplated on this line as it seems sexual. But I'm not sure that's the intention. How often do we do something, feel like a screw up and curse our own name?! I hear people doing it all the time, and I have to admit - guilty too!
But what if we were so enamored with ourselves, practiced forgiveness, perhaps we could scream our own name in Bliss.
Give it a try.
I LOVE ME!